Friday, February 23, 2007

The Story: October 5th 2006

The Story: (October 6th - from my journal)
At 6:15pm on October 5th I started having contractions that were ten minutes apart. That wasn't enough to keep me from attending the Massive Attack concert, especially since Liz Fraser from the Cocteau Twins (my favorite group of all times) was on tour with them. I said a silent prayer that my water would not break during the show. Midway through the concert I was in active labor or my own personal massive attacks, timing my contractions from seven, to six to five mintues apart and frequently texting Rahav, who was shooting at the Mercury Lounge.

Massive Attack was an amazing show! My large belly scored us all a seat in the V-Vip section where I leaned up on the rail, took slow and frequent deep breaths and let the rhythm of the music absorb the pain of the contractions. Kudos to the staff who kept an eye on me and even offered to take me to the hospital in an ambulance. I declined. After the show ended, my friends Allegra and Naomi (an ER Dr. nonetheless) accompanied me from Roseland Ballroom to Beth Israel Hospital where Rahav met up with me shortly after midnight. I kept my venue wrist band on for a week.

No comments: