Thursday, October 18, 2007

New stuff - Pointing and smacking things -new word ; Duck

Yesterday the D looked at something I pointed at for the first time. We were rolling a round piece of wood around on the floor and Dante lost track of where it was. I pointed at it and he turned his head and looked and then went and got it.

Also I've been doing what my dad used to do when I got hurt. He'd beat the object involved, which always made me feel better somehow. Deciding to maintain the tradition I've been doing the same thing and smacking the floor, dvr player, table, floor again, couch and various other objects when Dante and they have come into painful proximity. Yesterday for the first time I noticed that the D was doing the same thing and smacking the couch.

Duck's definitely been added to the vocabulary. In the bathtub a couple of nights ago and since then a bunch of times. Today C and I were in the studio and I said duck and he said it right back.

No comments: