Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Red Balloon

I rented the movie "The Red Balloon" this weekend. D and I snuggled in the glider and enjoyed it together. I recently read parents talking about what a powerful story it tells about friendship and loss within a simple context of a boy and his bright red balloon. It was a perfect movie for Dante because there's almost no dialogue, mostly music and it's visually simple and beautiful to watch. Dante enjoyed all 30 minutes of it and wanted me to put it on again. He pointed and said "Baoo" lots and when the mean street boys stole little Pascal's balloon Dante would say "Oh No" like he knew they were out to taunt the boy.

On another note, Rahav hung out with Debra and Newton earlier today and sent me this picture of the boys feating on Pizza in Soho!

No comments: