Saturday, March 3, 2007

Paris: November 2006

Rahav and I both agree that Paris is the greatest place on earth. Everything about Paris is heaven: The food, culture, art, architecture, quality of life and picturesque streets. If you ask me where I feel most at home, it's Paris. I lived there for four years, got my degree at the American University of Paris and learned about who I am from living there. It was the first place I lived on my own, by choice. Although I left Paris in 1998, I've made it a priority to visit every Thanksgiving. This year was special because I got to share it with Rahav and Dante.

Dante was a gem on the flight over and slept most of the way attached to one of us in the bjorn. The day before we left, Dante smiled on his own for the first time - major milestone! Unlike America, Europe highly regards children and waiting in any form of queue is unacceptable. From customs to museum lines we were always welcome to cut the line. We used the baby card to our full advantage!

We rented a charming studio over-looking the Pantheon for the first few days and then moved to the Place du Tertre and stayed with my friend Stephen who I went to college with. With no fixed agenda we lounged around most of the days, attended to lil' d, drank cheap red wine, ate delicious fois gras, cheese, saucisson and other mouth watering food only France offers and played scrabble.

Both Rahav and I have friends that live in Paris and were anxious to meet our little angel. We had no problem taking him to restaurants, even posh ones like Livingston. Again, we were blessed with ideal weather. It was unseasonably warm (not too sunny though) and we were able to spend our days strolling through le Marais, the Quai and my favorite place of all Le Pont Des Arts.

We were so sad to leave Paris, we even extended our trip three days. Ah.. for now, we can re-live Paris through our online photo album

No comments: